If your planning on making the change to using all natural products for your skin care you should highly consider switching to natural deodorant. Just consider the toxic chemicals like aluminum, various alcohols, dyes, and much more. These chemicals are extremely damaging not only for the health of your skin but for your overall health in general.
Now you might think just switching to natural deodorant is a quick and painless process but be careful because there are some side affects you should be aware of. It is not uncommon for new natural deodorant users to experience things like rashes, itching, irritation, as well as unwanted odor. This can leave you feeling discouraged and ready to switch back but in reality this is a big mistake. That being said if you follow these specific steps you will find the transition to be much easier and your results will leave your pits feeling refreshed and brand new.
STEP ONE: Picking A Natural Deodorant That is Right For You
We believe that here at Wild June Co., we offer the best and most healthy natural deodorant product around. We pride ourselves in using all natural and safe ingredients that work best for your skin, like food grade magnesium hydroxide, arrowroot powder, kaolin clay, organic shea butter, organic coconut oil, organic sunflower oil, glycerin, locally sourced beeswax, essential oils, and vitamin e. As you can see we really avoid harsh ingredients that could irritate your skin, even baking soda for people with extra sensitive skin. But don't just take our word for it-check out our testimonies in the link provided below, or on our social media. Just search for Wild June Co.
STEP TWO: Make Sure You Stay Clear Of all Toxins
By now its fairly well known that almost all of the major deodorant brands use harmful and unsafe ingredients in their products, but just to be safe we will list them for you so you know for sure what ones to stay away from.
- Parabens: synthetic chemicals used as preservatives
- Artificial and synthetic dyes: ie, anything blue is a no go
- Antiperspirants: Product designed to prevent your body from producing perspiration, or sweat.
STEP THREE: Take some precautions for the adjustment process
Understand that your body may react differently than others as nobody's body is the same and people react differently to the various ingredients.
Some important things to understand about deodorant:
- Just because your natural deodorant works right away does not mean it always will
- Same goes for if it's not working right away, sometimes it takes some time and will eventually be a staple
- Finally just because one product works for your friend does not mean that product will be right for you, stay open to changing it up and eventually you will find a product perfect for you.
STEP FOUR: Maintenance
As you start adjusting, it's important to maintain a healthy routine as you continue your use. Here are some awesome tips to keep your pits smooth healthy and refreshed everyday.
- Make sure to stay clean and wash on a regular basis. I know this may seem like a no-brainer, but it's importance cannot be understated. Bacteria can easily form and cause you extra problems but luckily it's easily avoidable.
- Make sure you completely dry off and wait for a little while for your pores to close. Once your skin adjust to room temperature your good to go.
- In the event that a rash does re-appear it is very helpful to apply a nice all natural salve, this helps remove any toxins that may be causing the reaction.
- Lastly going baking soda free, this is easy though because once again all of our natural deodorants are baking soda free and all safe healthy ingredients.